Since 1961 • Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Saline, Ypsilanti and other nearby locations
Congratulations to our members who presented, were honored, and/or served on committees at the 2022 MTNA conference!
- Sarah Albright, MTNA’s Fifty-year Membership Award
- Beatrice Ellis, Michigan Music Teachers Association President
- Hsin-Yi Huang, MarySue Harris Studio Teacher Fellowship Award
- Joy Morin, 2022 MTNA Conference Planning Committee Member
- Veena Kulkarni-Rankin, MTNA DEI Committee
- Paola Savvidou, MTNA e-Journal Article of the Year Award with Elaina Burns and Christopher Madden
- Paola Savvidou, “Keys to Financial Wellness: Planning and Mindset” with Jonathan Kuuskoski
- Joel Schoenhals, “Sandpaintings: The Piano Works of Navajo Composer, Connor Chee”
Thank you for your important contributions to our profession.
What We Do
The Ann Arbor Area Piano Teachers Guild supports our teachers and their careers by providing them with a diverse array of programs and opportunities, and by building a supportive community.
Professional Development Programs
Recitals and Masterclasses for Students
Teacher Discussion Groups
Assessment programs for students
Inclusion in Teacher Directory
MTNA Discounts at car rentals, copy centers, insurance
What members are saying
“In early 2000 I was new to town when I joined AAAPTG. Little by little, from being a rather shy and intimidated observer, I became more and more involved. I have even served on the MMTA board and am now its President. Joining the Guild has given me many opportunities to grow at my own pace and work alongside truly amazing teachers whose support has never wavered. AAAPTG is led by a wonderful and energetic team now and you should really check it out!”
“I am really glad to be part of this AAPTG team. The team members support and care about each other. My students receive the benefits from AAAPTG’s many fun recitals, ensemble camp and piano SAT event.”
“AAAPTG is a fantastic organization that provides camaraderie with fellow piano teachers, professional development opportunities, and events for students. I can’t imagine not being a member and I think every local piano teacher should consider joining!”